Focalin Xr as a Treatment for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

Use these Health Check-up tools to learn more

How are people coping?

See reviews of 20 treatments

Find out

Who else is affected?

Members in the community range from 2 to 78 years old

See them

How are you feeling?

Members experience an average of 9 symptoms

Tell us

Focalin Xr

Focalin XR is an extended-release stimulant medication that helps control behaviors and improve focus by elevating levels of chemicals naturally found in the brain. Focalin XR is a brand-name drug that is also known by the generic name dexmethylphenidate. Focalin XR is often prescribed to manage the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, including impulsivity. Focalin XR helps people with ADHD sit still and quietly and helps them to pay attention. Focalin XR slowly releases medication over time and also releases an immediate dose of medication. Focalin XR can be prescribed to treat ADHD in children age 6 years old and older.

Most effective Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) treatments reported by our membersLogin to add your rating >

Show more Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) treatments >

Read what others are saying about Focalin Xr

There are no comments yet. Be the first

Join the conversation

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Join now for FREE to learn and share about your condition with other members

See questions people are asking. Or ask your own

Last updated on Jun 13 2013 at 16:47
Disclaimer: The list and ratings above are for informational purposes only, and is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. The goal of the information is to provide you with a comprehensive view of all available treatments, but should not be construed to indicate that use of any one treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Decisions about use of a new treatment, or about a change in your current treatment plan, should be in consultation with your doctor or other healthcare professional.