Unproductive Cough as a Symptom for Bronchitis

Use these Health Check-up tools to learn more

How are people coping?

Who else is affected?

Members in the community range from 2 to 67 years old

See them

How are you feeling?

Members experience an average of 1 symptoms

Tell us

Unproductive Cough

Unproductive cough, also called dry cough, is a cough that doesn't produce mucus or phlegm. A cough may be called productive, which means that the person coughs up mucus or other substances, or nonproductive/dry. An unproductive cough may be caused by asthma or allergies, some types of infections such as bronchitis, or inhaling irritants such as smoke or pollutants in the air. You can soothe an unproductive cough by using a vaporizer, keeping up with fluid intake, and sucking on a cough drop or piece of candy to stimulate saliva production. A normal unproductive cough should not cause difficulty breathing or coughing up blood.

Most severe Bronchitis symptoms reported by our membersLogin to add your rating >

Read what others are saying about Unproductive Cough

Coughing so much that my throat is tender to the touch, and it effects my ability to talk. Coughing when I try to talk. 6/10/2015 at 05:55 PM
Was this review helpful? Yes

Join the conversation

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Join now for FREE to learn and share about your condition with other members

See questions people are asking. Or ask your own

There are no topics for this condition yet
Last updated on Jun 12 2015 at 22:56
Disclaimer: The list and ratings above are for informational purposes only, and is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. The goal of the information is to provide you with a comprehensive view of all available treatments, but should not be construed to indicate that use of any one treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Decisions about use of a new treatment, or about a change in your current treatment plan, should be in consultation with your doctor or other healthcare professional.