Z-Pack as a Treatment for Pertussis (whooping cough)

Use these Health Check-up tools to learn more

How are people coping?

See reviews of 5 treatments

Find out

Who else is affected?

Members in the community range from 2 to 64 years old

See them

How are you feeling?

Members experience an average of 3 symptoms

Tell us


Z-Pack is a brand-name form of the macroloid antibiotic Azithromycin. Zithromax Z-Pack is used to treat a number of bacterial infections, including respiratory infections like pneumonia and bronchitis, and manage symptoms like cough. Z-Pack is also used to treat some bacterial sexually-transmitted infections and skin infections, but is not effective against viral infections or the flu. Z-Pack is generally taken once per day for a period of five days. Z-Pack should be taken exactly as directed by your doctor and the entire prescription finished in order to fully treat the bacterial infection. Z-Pack may cause some side effects, including digestive problems, feeling dizzy, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and allergic reaction in those allergic to Azithromycin.

Most effective Pertussis (whooping cough) treatments reported by our membersLogin to add your rating >

Read what others are saying about Z-Pack

There are no comments yet. Be the first

Join the conversation

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Join now for FREE to learn and share about your condition with other members

See questions people are asking. Or ask your own

There are no topics for this condition yet
Disclaimer: The list and ratings above are for informational purposes only, and is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. The goal of the information is to provide you with a comprehensive view of all available treatments, but should not be construed to indicate that use of any one treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Decisions about use of a new treatment, or about a change in your current treatment plan, should be in consultation with your doctor or other healthcare professional.