Clotrimazole as a Treatment for Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)

Use these Health Check-up tools to learn more

How are people coping?

See reviews of 4 treatments

Find out

Who else is affected?

Members in the community range from 3 to 54 years old

See them

How are you feeling?

You're one of the first to share your symptoms. Thanks for making a difference

Tell us


Clotrimazole is an anti-fungal medication used to treat yeast infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, vaginal yeast infections. Clotrimazole may also be prescribed to treat other types of fungal infections, including ringworm and oral thrush. Clotrimazole helps to alleviate the itching, burning, and discomfort of fungal infections. Clotrimazole comes in many forms, including a solution, lotion, cream, oral lozenges, powder, and tablets. Clotrimazole typically needs to be taken for up to several weeks to fully destroy the yeast and treat the infection, and the entire prescription must be taken as directed. Clotrimazole is available under several brand names, including Lotrimin and Mycelex.

Most effective Yeast Infection (Candidiasis) treatments reported by our membersLogin to add your rating >

Read what others are saying about Clotrimazole

There are no comments yet. Be the first

Join the conversation

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Join now for FREE to learn and share about your condition with other members

See questions people are asking. Or ask your own

There are no topics for this condition yet
Last updated on Oct 08 2011 at 07:47
Disclaimer: The list and ratings above are for informational purposes only, and is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. The goal of the information is to provide you with a comprehensive view of all available treatments, but should not be construed to indicate that use of any one treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Decisions about use of a new treatment, or about a change in your current treatment plan, should be in consultation with your doctor or other healthcare professional.