Diflucan (fluconazole) as a Treatment for Yeast Infection (Candidiasis)

Use these Health Check-up tools to learn more

How are people coping?

See reviews of 4 treatments

Find out

Who else is affected?

Members in the community range from 3 to 54 years old

See them

How are you feeling?

You're one of the first to share your symptoms. Thanks for making a difference

Tell us

Diflucan (fluconazole)

Diflucan is an anti-fungal medication that may be used to treat or prevent a number of fungal infections. Diflucan is the brand name for the generic drug fluconazole. Diflucan is a triazole medication that helps to inhibit fungal growth. Diflucan/fluconazole is commonly prescribed to treat yeast infections that affect the abdomen, lungs, vagina, mouth, throat, blood, and more. Diflucan may also be used to treat a type of fungal meningitis. People with HIV, cancer, or those who have had a recent organ transplant may take Diflucan in order to reduce the risk of developing a fungal infection. Diflucan is available as a liquid and a tablet, both taken orally.

Most effective Yeast Infection (Candidiasis) treatments reported by our membersLogin to add your rating >

Read what others are saying about Diflucan (fluconazole)

There are no comments yet. Be the first

Join the conversation

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Join now for FREE to learn and share about your condition with other members

See questions people are asking. Or ask your own

There are no topics for this condition yet
Last updated on Oct 06 2011 at 03:56
Disclaimer: The list and ratings above are for informational purposes only, and is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. The goal of the information is to provide you with a comprehensive view of all available treatments, but should not be construed to indicate that use of any one treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Decisions about use of a new treatment, or about a change in your current treatment plan, should be in consultation with your doctor or other healthcare professional.