Treatment: Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin)

Use these Health Check-up tools to learn more

Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin)

Dexmethylphenidate is a mild stimulant medication that helps control behaviors and improve focus by elevating levels of chemicals naturally found in the brain. Dexmethylphenidate is the generic name of the drug also sold under the brand name Focalin. Dexmethylphenidate or Focalin is often prescribed to manage the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, including impulsivity. Dexmethylphenidate helps people with ADHD sit still and quietly and helps them to pay attention. Focalin can be prescribed to treat ADHD in children age 6 years old and older, and is most often used in combination with therapy and other treatments as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.

Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin) is most frequently used to treat the following conditions by our membersLogin to add your rating >

EN-US::CST:POPULARSIDEEFFECTSLogin to add your rating >

People near you using the same treatments

People near you using the same treatments

Treatment Symptom Age Gender

Read what others are saying about Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin)

Did great on Focalin just bad neurological side effects.5/6/2011 at 03:14 AM
Was this review helpful? Yes
After 3 weeks, increased anxiety, weepiness and depression10/25/2010 at 09:26 PM
Was this review helpful? Yes

Join the conversation

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Join now for FREE to learn and share about your condition with other members

Last updated on Oct 03 2011 at 03:39
Disclaimer: The list and ratings above are for informational purposes only, and is intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. The goal of the information is to provide you with a comprehensive view of all available treatments, but should not be construed to indicate that use of any one treatment is safe, appropriate, or effective for you. Decisions about use of a new treatment, or about a change in your current treatment plan, should be in consultation with your doctor or other healthcare professional.